Below are some points we would like to share with you regarding decisions about access to Our Lady Star of the Sea during this time as well as Holy Week.
- The executive shelter in place order from the governor of Michigan which is in place through April 13, bans all public and private gatherings of any size outside of a family home.
- Archdiocesan directives in cooperation with the executive order state that parish offices are to be closed.
- At this time, the Church is closed. We will be sure to alert you as soon as we have been given clearance to open our doors to you.
- The Archdiocesan directives also suspend all weddings, funerals and baptisms during this time (graveside services are still permitted).
- We have been advised that only chaplains within the health care system are allowed to anoint the sick in hospitals – your pastors are not allowed to anoint you in the hospital. If possible make it your care to request anointing prior to being admitted into the hospital.
- Leave your intentions at the link below to be prayed for by Msgr. Smetanka.
Regarding Holy Week:
- Palm Sunday will be celebrated in private. We will continue to share the Live-stream of Mass with Archbishop Vigneron on our Facebook Page.
- The Triduum – Holy Thursday thru Easter Vigil on Saturday - will be celebrated privately. The Sacraments of Initiation for those in the RCIA are to be postponed when the fuller community can be present.
- Easter Sunday liturgies are to be offered in private. They too will be Live-streamed with Archbishop Vigneron on our Facebook page.