Pope Francis (@Pontifex) Twitter
- Jesus looks at the paralytic and focuses on what is essential: "Your sins are forgiven". Physical health is a gift that we must preserve but the Lord teaches us that we must also preserve the health of the heart, spiritual health.
- If we have no peace in our hearts, how can we think there will be peace in the world? Let's try to remain in the Lord, and the way to do so is to love, and to love in little things.
- Worship involves making an exodus from the greatest form of bondage: slavery to oneself. Worship means putting the Lord at the centre, not ourselves.
- Worship means concentrating on what is essential: ridding ourselves of useless things and addictions that anesthetize the heart and confound the mind.
- Salvation is in the name of Jesus. We must testify to this: He is the only Saviour.