Pope Francis releases a video message accompanying his prayer intention for October, which is that the breath of the Holy Spirit engender a new missionary spring in the Church.
Pope Francis presides over the canonizations of Cardinal John Henry Newman, Sister Marian Thresia, Sister Giuseppina Vannini, Sister Dulce Lopes Pontes, and Marguerite Bays. In his homily, the Pope reflects on the Gospel account of the lepers, and on the verbs “to cry out, to walk, to give thanks” Vaticannews.va
Pope Francis (@Pontifex) Twitter
- The shows us that the ultimate goal is the encounter with Jesus. He alone frees us from evil and heals our hearts. Only an encounter with him can save, can make life full and beautiful.
- Jonah is stubborn in his faith convictions, and the Lord is stubborn in His mercy. Because the Lord always wants to heal and to save, not to condemn.
- I ask you to accompany this important ecclesial event with prayers, so that it may be experienced in fraternal communion and docility to the Holy Spirit, who always shows the ways for bearing witness to the Gospel.
- The Word of God fills us with joy and this joy is our strength. We are joyful Christians because we have welcomed the Word of God in our hearts. This is the message for today, for all of us.
- May the memorial of our strengthen in us the certainty that we are not alone. May it sustain us in proclaiming and living Christ's Gospel for a world renewed in God's love.