Pope Francis (@Pontifex) Twitter
- God is merciful towards those who admit their need.
- God has entrusted us with His greatest gifts: our life, the lives of others, and so many different gifts for each person. He invites us to make these talents bear fruit with audacity and creativity.
- We ask the Lord to increase our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, in our hearts: He who assumed our human nature, who became Man in order to fight with our flesh and to conquer in our flesh.
- We must put an end to the culture of waste, we who pray to the Lord to give us our daily bread. Food waste contributes to hunger and to climate change.
- Faith calls for a journey, a “going out”. Purification takes places on the journey of life, a journey that is often uphill, because it leads upwards.
- Christian hope, nourished by the light of Christ, makes the resurrection and life shine even in the world’s darkest nights.
- The #GospelOfTheDay (Lk 19:1-10) shows us that the merciful gaze of the Lord reaches us before we even realize that we need it to be saved.
- The memory of the Saints leads us to raise our eyes to Heaven: not to forget the realities of the earth, but to face them with more courage and hope.
- The love of God is expressed in the tender tears of Jesus. As He cried for Jerusalem, so He cries for each of us when we don't allow ourselves to be loved. This is God's tender love.